My name is Miranda, and through design, I help brands speak to the masses. How did I get my start, you ask? My love of art in general began by taking fine arts classes throughout grade school. But it was when I first sat at a computer and created my own return address labels in Microsoft Publisher that I got a first taste into an addiction of digital design. I went on to study graphic design at the Illinois Institute of Art — Schaumburg and was later introduced to the world of marketing through working in the industry that I realized graphic design is my soul mate career.
To be effective, brands must reach audiences in a visual way. I’ve been in the biz of bridging content and design for more than five years. Through my passion for graphic design – with the fuel of many a Vanilla Latte – I’ve done work in a variety of mediums, both print and digital.
Feel free to peruse my work and let me know which of my works spark your interest! Contact me and we can discuss how I can help transform your brand.
- Marketing Collateral
- UX/UI Design
- Application Design
- Basic HTML & CSS
- Large Format Graphics
- Package Design
- WordPress & Squarespace Platforms
- Adobe Create Cloud: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects
- Microsoft Products: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint
- Proficient in Mac OSX and Windows Operating Systems
UX/UI Designer at SWC Technology Partners
- Primary responsibilities include visual UI/UX design of websites for a variety of clients
- Requirements gathering and client presentation/interaction skills
- Functional documentation writing
- Setup and passing off of visual website concepts for development
- Design of internal SWC marketing materials for both print and web
- An understanding of basic HTML and CSS
- Creative work done in Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign
May 2015 - Present
December 2013 - April 2015
Graphic Designer at Red Caffeine
- Primary responsibilities include designing marketing materials in all forms of media, client interaction, and working with team members.
- Designing print material as well as UI/UX design.
- Creative work done in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro and After Effects.
October 2011 - November 2013
Graphic Designer at Desert Rose Design
- Working on a wide variety of projects including collateral, marketing materials, packaging, website/multimedia design and video editing.
- Designing for clients such as the American Cancer Society and Microsoft.
- Creative work done in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, and After Effects
April 2011 - June 2011
Interim Graphic Designer at Corporate ID Solutions
- Completed layout design within Adobe InDesign.
- Created proposal renderings in Adobe Photoshop.
- Designed and formatted large format graphics for print production in both Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.